Watch this video tutorial to learn how to do polyphasic sleeping. How often have you said, "If only there were more than 24 hours in a day!" By learning to polyphasic sleep—meaning breaking up a night's sleep into a series of shorter naps—you can squeeze an extra whole day out of the week.
You Will Need
* Patience to adjust to your new schedule
* The flexibility to nap every four hours
Step 1. Pick a schedule
Pick one of two polyphasic schedules: Uberman Sleep, where you take 20 to 30 minute naps every four hours, or Dymaxion Sleep, where you snooze for 30 minutes every six hours.
Step 2. Start your new schedule
Start your new sleep schedule. Expect to suffer through sleep deprivation for the first two weeks, as your body adjusts to shorter sleep cycles.
Don't deviate! You are training your body to fall instantly into the all-important REM sleep that makes us feel rested. Missing even one nap—or oversleeping—will throw everything off.
Step 3. Eat more
Enjoy more food! One bonus of the diet is you'll need to consume more calories because your body will be active several more hours each day.
Expect to experience vivid dreams once you adjust to your new sleep pattern.
Step 4. Feel smug
Feel superior to all those slugs wasting 8 hours a night on sleep.
FACT: Benjamin Franklin and Leonardo Da Vinci were believed to have been polyphasic sleepers.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades