Plantar warts are non-cancerous growths that can be found on the heel or ball of the foot, and in some cases, even on your fingers. They most often are very painful and are hard to get rid of. Most removing methods can be very painful and uncomfortable.
You will need:
- Apple cider vinegar / regular white vinegar
- Paper towels (about 4 sheets, personal preference)
- Tape (preferably one with a rubber backing to keep moisture in)
- Fine tip tweezers / eye brow pluckers
- Clear topcoat nail polish
Step 1 Remove what you can
Try to remove as many black "specks" as you can with your tweezers. This will help the vinegar get deeper into the infected area. Once finished with the tweezers, place them on a piece of paper towel. If this is painful, do not worry about this step.
Step 2 Medicate the infected area
Place the tip of your Q-tip into the vinegar so it soaks the liquid up, then place it on the infected area and hold it there for a few minutes, letting the vinegar enter the wart. Now you can snip off the other end of your Q-tip and soak it in vinegar and place it onto the wart, cover it with a band-aid and a folded piece of paper towel and tape it in place. Leave it on over night, you may also use a cotton ball or a folded piece of paper towel for this as well.
Step 3 Repeat
The next day, you should see the wart making its way up to the surface. If not painful, once again pluck away any black that you see and re-medicate. If the infected area is on your foot and you don't want to feel uncomfortable walking with a bandaged foot, place clear topcoat nail polish on the infected area and let it dry. This will stop it from spreading between medications. You may also do this if the wart is on your finger. Repeat these steps until your wart is no longer there, depending on how badly infected, a medium infection will be gone within a few days.
- The vinegar will make your infected area pulsate/throb. This is normal, the vinegar is getting into the roots and is killing it.
- It may become tender.
- Your foot/finger will smell like vinegar!
- After using the tweezers or anything you touched the infected area with that you're keeping, wash in warm water and soap to prevent re-infection.
- Keep the vinegar in a small easy to use container so you're not wasting any.
- Keep the wart covered, either with a band-aid or clear nail polish to prevent spreading, and it will suffocate the roots of the wart as well.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades