Learn how to relieve insomnia with acupressure. Get to sleep fast with a massage technique from the ancient Chinese healing art acupressure.
You Will Need
* Two Hands
WARNING: If you feel pain when using acupressure, stop immediately. Pregnant women should not use acupressure.
Step 1. Find the right spot
Locate the Spirit Gate acupressure point. It's on the inside of the wrist crease, just to the inside of the tendon on the pinky finger side.
Manipulating Spirit Gate is believed to increase production of melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland that helps control sleep cycles.
Step 2. Massage it
Gently press and knead the point for one minute. Switch hands and repeat.
Step 3. Ease pain
To ease pain-induced insomnia, press your index fingers against the bottom of your skull, with your left finger about a half-inch to the left of your spine, and right finger a half-inch to the right of your spine. Hold for 30 seconds to a minute.
Step 4. Sleep soundly
Have sweet dreams!
FACT: Famous chronic insomnia sufferers include Napoleon, Franz Kafka, and Thomas Edison.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades