Learn how to relieve menstrual cramps with acupressure. Don't suffer through one more bout of period pain. Instead, try this trick from the ancient Chinese healing art acupressure.
You Will Need
* Two Hands
WARNING: If you feel pain when using acupressure, stop immediately. Pregnant women should not use acupressure.
Step 1. Find the sweet spot
Find the acupressure spot SP-6, called the Sanyinjiao point. Located four finger widths above your inner ankle bone, just behind the shinbone, it helps relax the cervix, according to Chinese medicine.
If you feel pain when you press down, you're on the wrong spot.
Step 2. Press it with your thumb
Take your thumb and press on the point for six seconds, then release it for two seconds. Keep this up for five minutes.
Step 3. Switch feet
Switch to the other leg and repeat.
Step 4. Repeat
Repeat once more on each leg.
This acupressure move can also help new mothers deal with the cramps they experience for several days after giving birth.
Step 5. Feel good
Feel good knowing you have a powerful new weapon against menstrual cramps.
FACT: In one study, 87 percent of participants who tried acupressure to relieve their menstrual cramps said they found it helpful.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades